Monday, December 27, 2010

Eat, Pray Love & The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime

Holiday greetings!  Merry Christmas etc....

I've finished 2 books since I last blogged, (and my space bar isn't working right) so this may be long, or it may be short and un-spaced.....

First: Eat Pray Love.  What a wonderful book!  I really enjoyed reading this, as I could identify with Ms. Gilbert's search for something more.  I found it enjoyable, and thought provoking.  I'm actually interested to see the movie now, although I don't think the movie could be as good as the book.  Anyway, definitely a good read, very recommendable.

The second book was The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime, by Mark Haddon. Again, a really GOOD book.  It was a really interesting experience to be put into the shoes of someone with autism/aspergers syndrome, and I thought that the subject of disabilities was treated respectfully and thoughtfully, as were the difficulties that other people experience when meeting or trying to help or interact with someone who struggles with these difficulties.  Again, highly recommended.  I'd love to hear comments!

                        I've got one more from the library to read - Good Bones, by Margaret Atwood, which is a collection of short stories, then I think I'll change eras, and go back in time for a while, as I was lent copies of Tess of D'Ubervilles and Jane Eyre.... see you in the future!  Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment