Friday, February 4, 2011

The Last Unicorn

Ahhhh.... what a nice book.  I wasn't planning on reading this one, but it was my favorite movie when I was younger... (and I wish I could find a DVD of it, to watch again!)

I was just wandering through the library a couple of weeks ago (yes, I'm a little slow on the blogging, but it can't be helped) when I saw this on the new release shelves in the kids section.  I immediately grabbed it, since I don't think I even KNEW that it was a book before it was a movie, and read the whole thing in about 2 days.  It was lovely, and I think it's a wonderful story!  HOWEVER, I would note that I wouldn't read it to Thomas quite yet - I think he might be a little scared at some parts.  Having said that, I would also recommend it to people who liked the earlier Harry Potter books.  The story line is not as involved as the last few H.P. books - it's definitely along the same lines as the first two though!

Anyway, I've also taken a stab at Jane Eyre, and put it down - I just wasn't really enjoying it all that much.  I have also started Pride and Prejudice, and am enjoying that somewhat more, although I'm still finding it a little hard going.  This is partly because I saw (a) movie version of it, but I can't quite remember it well enough to "play" the movie in my head, but I remember it too well to be just imagining... do you understand what I mean?

Anyway, I may go look for more children's classics, because I think there could be a list of 100 of those too!

No comments:

Post a Comment